Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Makkan Moves



Makkan Moves

Retracing the steps of the revered Hagar and Ishmael, I drank from the same spring that God provided for them in their time of desperation and need. Moving between the valleys and feeling the presence of the prophets of old and taking in the landscape and reflecting on the history of this place caused an epiphany. The surreal became real. Reflecting on the Sacred House (Ka'ba) built by the noble Abraham and his noble son, Ishmael. Remembering that the honored Jesus roamed in this wilderness during his 40 day absence. Realizing that I was following the prophetic model of making my way to the Sacred House renewed me with a sense of serenity and certainty. Spiritual exhiliration and illumination overcame me. An intensity of my grandparents prayers, hopes and aspirations being fulfilled. A wonderful spirit enveloped and comforted me, which led me to continue following the path of the prophets as I made my Makkan moves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home